Genre: Contemporary Romance, Stand Alone, Erotica, Adult Fiction.
Published: October 2012
4 out 5 Stars (This was a great read.)
Lori Brockton survives a brutal attack and comes out of hiding two years later, ready to run her family’s famous Brockton Brewery Company. Since the attack she trusts and relies on no one. All her energy is to learn every aspect of her family’s brewery. Garrett Hunter, is handsome, successful and stable and is hired as the new Brockton business manager, who takes one look at Lori and can’t help but try to win her trust and heart. Standing between Garrett and Lori is hot, bad boy, Eli Buchannan, who has just been hired by Brockton Brewery. Eli is the complete opposite of Garrett. Eli has been burned by a previous relationship is not looking for any type of love. But then something drastic and life changing occurs.
Days after reading this I had to put my thoughts together before I was able to write this review.
First let me start by saying I loved the story. I also loved the author’s writing style. I know I will be reading more books by Liz Crowe.
Before I started this book, I knew that there was going to be an angsty part. I did not know where in the book it was going to fall or what it was going to be. What I have to say is that the tragedy took me by surprise. It came out of left field and hit me right in the head. I had to go back and reread a few chapters. After I realized what happened, I had to stop for a few minutes. “No way did that just happen” were my thoughts. Those scenes were written perfectly.
My only problem with the story was Lori. I liked her in the beginning, but then I did not care for her. I had some problems with her “thought” process. I felt like she never knew what she wanted. She frustrated and angered me.
I do not want to say much more. I want you to go into this book not knowing too much. One last thing I would like to say is that I craved an ice cold beer and Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata when I was done.
- Did I skim? No.
- Did I feel connected to characters? Yes.
- Would I reread? Yes. I had to reread certain chapters to wrap my head around what happened.
- Pace of the story? Excellent
- Positives? I loved the plot. It was very interesting. Kept my interest throughout the book.
- Negatives? Can’t think of anything except I did not care for Lori, but I guess when you dislike a character, it makes for a more interesting story. This book would make a GOOD book club read. There are so many things I would love to discuss concerning the characters and certain scenes in this book.
- Do I recommend? Yes. Read it.
A copy of this book was provided by the publisher for an honest review.