5 out of 5 Stars (My favorite Kristen Ashley book. Yes, it is!!)
Genre: Erotica, Contemporary Romance, Alpha Male, Drama.
Published: April 2012
Length: 273 Pages
I love this book and I love Kristen Ashley for writing a great story about a hot, controlling, alpha male named Knight. If you have never read a Kristen Ashley novel, you must. She is one of my top 5 favorite authors.
Was the story:
- Predictable – YES
- Hot and Steamy – YES
- A lot of unnecessary swearing – Yes
- Did I enjoy Knight – Hell Yes
A friend originally lent me this book. I loved it so much that I bought the book a month later and reread it. It was better the second time. There is something about this book that I just love. Knight is true alpha male and I find him appealing and sexy. I love him. Yes, there are some bad qualities in him, but I do not care. I am willing to overlook them because he is so awesome to Anya. He is my favorite Kristen Ashley male character.
The plot is Anya Gage has worked for everything she has every gotten in her life. She has no expectations, no dreams. She is just a good person who accepts life for what it is. Then she finds herself at a party where she doesn’t want to be and she meets Knight. OMG and he is hot!!! While at the party, Anya walks into a bedroom looking for a phone to call a cab only to run into Knight Sebring. Knight knows what he wants and what he wants is Anya. Knight learns that Anya is kind and loving, everything he feels he is not, so he tries to leave her so she can find what she deserves…a good, normal and clean life. Only Anya walks into Knight’s nightclub and he finds it is hard to stay away from her. He only hopes that she does not find out his dark secrets.
- Did I skim? NO. The story did not drag at all.
- Did I feel connected to the characters? Yes
- Do I recommend? Yes
- Did I think about this book after I finished? Yes.
- Will I reread? Yes. I already read it twice.
- Ending/Cliffhanger? The ending and everything was awesome. It completed the story. I love Knight! *sigh*
- Pace of the Story: Perfect.
- Positives: Everything.
- Negative: That Knight and Anya do not have their own series. I want Knight and Anya to have their story continue. I know that they were mentioned and ‘appeared’ in CREED, but I want more.
I do not understand why more people do not love this book. I see the mixed the reviews and cannot believe it. Are we reading the same book????
This is how I picture Knight and Anya:
Series Reading Order:
Facebook: Christine Shereadsalot