Beyond Control (Beyond #2) by Kit Rocha
Genre: Erotica, Ménage, Dystopia, BDSM, Adult Fiction.
Published: March 2013
Format: ARC from Publisher
In the first book, Beyond Shame, I really liked the characters Lex and Dallas. So I was excited that Beyond Control was their story.
Alexa “Lex” came from sector 2 where there was a lot of poverty and people were not treated like animals. When she escaped, she joined Dallas’s sector 4 and found a place where people were treated like humans and not like slaves. Dallas is the leader of sector 4. He loves Lex, but he knows that he cannot push her to do anything, least of all commit to him. However, when Lex decides to give it a try and give him a chance at a relationship, business calls at sector 2 where bad memories are still at the core for Lex. Will Dallas’s agreements with Sector 2 affect their relationship?
Dallas and Lex are two very strong people who like to be in control so it was interesting to see the change in the dynamic in this book.
I loved the start of the book and I loved the last 25% of the book. However, some parts in the middle, I felt got off track. I loved the general plot in the book, but in the middle, I felt like a lot of it was masked with all the unnecessary sex.
When Dallas and Lex were thrown into the “mix” with Noelle and Jasper, I started to think that there were no real feelings for each other. However, I am glad that when Dallas and Lex finally committed, their most intimate moments were in private. I had no problem when they liked to “play” with others in the book, but sometimes it got a little too much.
I love the fact that the author added the POVs of Bren, Six, Rachel, Ace and Cruz. To be honest, those characters’ POVs were my favorite parts of the book. I cannot wait to read about Bren and Six in the next book.
- Did I skim? Unfortunately yes. Like I said the middle got a little carried away for me.
- Did I feel connected to the characters? Yes.
- Do I look forward to the sequel? Yes.
- Will I reread? Probably not.
- Pace of the story? Okay
- Positives: Author has a great writing style and there is a good plot. In the end, it is a good dystopian story.
- Negatives: I think I said it a couple of times already…the middle.
- Do I recommend? Surprisingly yes. There are great characters in these books. You may just some of the “interactions” between these couples a little uncomfortable. However, overall this is a good series.
Series Reading Order:
Beyond Control (Beyond #2) – Published March 2013
Kit Rocha Website: http://kitrocha.com/
Kit Rocha Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thebrokencircle?fref=ts