5 out of 5 Stars
Genre: Fiction, Young Adult, Contemporary Romance, Mystery, New Adult
I loved this book and was not disappointed. I enjoyed it from beginning to end.
First of all the cover’s post-it note had me laughing. “Do you like me? Check one.” The story behind the post-it note is in the book. Love it!
This is a great YA book. I loved the mystery, the twist and the chemistry between Cami and Hunter.
Some of you will figure out the twist half-way through the book and that is fine. I did too. However, it did not turn me off from reading the story. Actually, it made me want to read it without stopping since I had to know how it was all going to “go down.”
Plot: Cami Wimberley has a plan, and that plan includes no room for boys—especially the big time party animal, Hunter Wilder, no matter how handsome and charismatic he is. She’s beautiful, a senior, extremely talented, gets good grades, and is working her way toward her dream college to be a musical theater major. Everything is perfect.
Hunter Wilder does not want a girlfriend—that would complicate his life way too much right now. He especially doesn’t want this girl, Miss-Goody-Two-Shoes, so how come he can’t keep his eyes off her? He tries to keep her at a distance, but fate seems to keep pushing them together. Before long, it’s obvious to everyone they’re crushing on each other.
As sparks begin to fly, Hunter finds himself sinking deeper and deeper into hot water. Soon he’s scrambling to keep Cami from discovering his dark secret—one that can destroy their entire relationship.
– Did I skim? No.
– Did I feel connected to the characters? Yes
– Did I want to go back to reading when I had to stop? Yes, I did not get anything done that day. This is one book I did not want to stop reading.
– Do I recommend? YES! I loved this book!
– Am I looking forward to the sequel? YES!!
– Ending/Cliffhanger: Great ending. I am BIG on endings and cliffhangers and this one was not a disappointment. It is the last chapter that can make or break a book.
Crush (Crush #1)
Author: Lacey Weatherford
Published: October 2012
Length: 332 Pages
Sequels: Smitten (Crush #2) – Expected Publication: 2013