Genre: Contemporary Romance, Erotica, Adult Fiction (18+),
Published: December 2012
Length: 326 Pages
4 out of 5 Stars (It was worth my time to read)
Synopsis: The main character, Lori, is a 26 year old successful romance writer who is also a virgin. Lori has become frustrated with all her previous attempts at losing her virginity so she looks into hiring an escort just for one night. Who Lori “hires” is a highly paid escort by the name of Ander. Lori’s one night with Ander turns to a regular weekly appointment and before she realizes it she can’t stay away from him even though she knows it is foolish for her to develop any types of feelings for him.
When I picked this one up, I wasn’t sure how I would feel about a “relationship” between a woman and a male gigolo. The whole prostitution factor bothered me. I wasn’t sure of I was going to buy anything more than “sex” between Lori and Ander. There was obviously steam in the story, but more than it being descriptive sex, it was emotional. Yeah, I can’t believe I just said that about a relationship between a woman and a male prostitute, but there was growth that you saw in the characters.
So I understand if you started rolling your eyes and thinking “so predictable.” If you are having those thoughts, stop them. It was worth my reading time which is precious to me as I know it is too many of you. Yes, some things are predictable, like any contemporary romance novel, but this one was written so well that I got lost in the story.
- Did I skim? No.
- Did I feel connected to the characters? Yes.
- Would I reread? Yes.
- Did I look forward to returning to the book when I had to stop reading? Yes.
- Positives: Just enough of “everything” for the story to flow nicely.
- Negatives: I was skeptical as to how a 26 year old can’t just find a date and get the issue of her virginity over with. The author discusses that in the book, but that is the one thing that I questioned even when I finished. I guess that is one thing I did not “buy” in the book.
- Do I recommend? Yes. It was a great read.